Our goal is simple: we want to help our customers build mind-blowing, future-forward products. SUMSUM acts as a primary liaison for businesses and helps them define a clear product vision. In addition, we are an (almost) well-rounded team of business analysts, product owners, service designers, and project managers.
Why “almost”? We are only missing one thing: you. A UX/UI designer who is eager to build and deliver user-centric digital products with us.
What you do
As a UX/UI designer on our team, your experience and skills are invaluable. We’re just going to list some characteristics we think describe the UX/UI designer we are looking for:
- You put the user first. You observe the user's needs and look for the best user experience possible. To do this, you validate design concepts by asking for user feedback, doing A/B testing, and measuring usability. Iteration is key for you.
- Your design library is crispy clean. Creating reusable design components and maintaining a design system is one of your priorities. When designing, you always keep accessibility standards in mind with inclusive user interfaces.
- You love to facilitate workshops and co-create with clients. You know the service design principles and techniques and can put them into practice.
- You love a challenge. Turning the client’s needs into mock-ups, wireframes, and user flows is what you do best. By conceptualizing ideas, you make relevant designs keeping mobile best practices in mind and in the end, deliver high-fidelity prototypes you then test with users.
- You have strong strategic and analytical skills. You keep everyone on the same page while keeping UX/UI, long-term strategy, and business goals in mind when designing. You love identifying and resolving design challenges and improving user experience.
- You are a born communicator. Reporting, presenting, and sharing your learnings with the team and relevant stakeholders does not scare you. At all. You love working with a team of product owners and engineers to deliver the designs they need successfully.
- You’re proficient in UX copywriting and love creating effective and engaging user interfaces with clear, concise, and consistent messaging.
Aside from being awesome, we think our ideal UX/UI designer is someone who:
- Has at least 3 to 5 years of relevant design experience
- Has experience with Figma (or Sketch/Adobe XD) and knowledge of design principles and best practices for creating effective user interfaces
- Loves to build, test, and iterate new (interactive) prototypes
- Is a true layout legend who can create flexible and adaptive designs that look amazing on any device
- Has experience with usability testing and user research methodologies
- Is fluent in Dutch and English
- Loves working in a multidisciplinary team, including developers and product managers
- Likes to work in a high-paced innovative environment
What you will get
In return for your skills and devotion, you will get:
A super fun and motivated team with monthly team events
A hybrid working environment: working from home and at the office in Leuven
Competitive salary with extralegal benefits (insurance, pension plan, car, fuel card, Internet, and mobile data plan)
A Macbook Pro or equivalent laptop to work your magic
Training days and knowledge sharing
Free lunch and a supply of coffee, candy, and fruit at the office
Flexible working hours and a good work/life balance